It is Thanksgiving Week!
There will be grocery shopping, cooking, baking, watching the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, and Holiday shopping for many of us.
The news is filled with stories of community efforts to help people who do not have enough resources to make a meal, let alone a large Thanksgiving dinner. For those individuals, food collections, dinners, and food baskets are being delivered.
While we pause to give thanks for all that we have, consider taking the time to make a big difference in a person’s life by doing something that does not take much on your part.
On busy days, it’s the little things that can make people feel better, such as:
- Letting someone go in front of you in a line
- Buying coffee for someone who you don’t know
- Inviting someone to dinner who may not have anyone with whom to celebrate
- Sending a note to someone to let them know that you are thankful for them
- Buying a Salvation Army bell ringer a warm drink
- Telling the person who is working in the busy store that you hope that they are having a great day
Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - it’s already a great week.