As you get ready to leave your office and not return until after the first of the year, take some time to make it ready for you to start 2020 seamlessly.
The proactive steps that you can take are small and simple, but the impact that they have on your attitude are powerful.
Here are a few ideas to get you started (but, be sure to add some of your own!):
- Organize the files that you will use in your first week back
- Eliminate clutter, especially on your desk
- Empty the trash
- Tidy and dust
- Water plants
- Make sure that the whole office is clean and welcoming for you and your team
- Answer lingering emails
- Set up an out-of-office message for your email
- Leave a note for your team to greet them when they return after the holidays
- Refresh snacks
- Fill the printer with paper
Imagine you and your team walking into a "New-Year-Ready” space.
This week, get the office ready so that when you walk back in, you’re ready to go!